Wednesday, September 8, 2010

molasses with a side of awesomeness

Molasses. My official speed.
The goal for today was to actually propel myself 2 full miles. I set out on my usual path contemplating the impending "weeds of death" a quarter mile ahead. I passed the weeds well on the OTHER side of the street and kept moving. My throat stayed blissfully open and although my nose is VERY itchy now, no current signs of another asthma attack! Physically, today, I felt sluggish, but nothing hurt.
I ran the first full mile then walked for about 3 minutes. Big mistake. I should have gutted out at least another half mile.
Woulda. Coulda. Shoulda.
I ended up walking a rather large portion of the second mile, BUT I did it. I went 2 miles. Over all I averaged 12:06/mile. Say it with me. MO-LAS-SES. I am kicking myself for not having the mental toughness to keep going, but at the same time I am content that I completed the distance I set out to complete.

SIDE BAR OF AWESOMENESS:

I am so OVER maternity clothes. Seriously. I want to put on my OWN clothes, and not just any of my clothes my SKINNY clothes. AND I want them to comfortably fit! Sheesh! I am demanding! :)
Sigh....... I am making progress though! I was able to put on AND wear (outside the house) some of my regular running shorts! I don't dare even LOOK at my super cute, favorite Nike running shorts though. Nope, not for another 10 pounds. But, I am more than happy to wear the functional ones from Target!!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, there's nothing like pulling on THAT pair of jeans! I'm no runner but I taught a mean water aerobics class last night - HA!

    ReplyDelete