Tuesday, September 7, 2010

love me some oreos

If I am really going to will myself across 13.1 miles under my own power then I should probably put the Double Stuff Oreos down (that's for you, Alyson). So since today is a rest day I thought I would talk about my ideal nutrition plan. Please note, in the previous sentence, the very intentional use of the word IDEAL. I am no expert. I don't have all the answers. I do know that I need to be smarter and not do anything crazy.
Enter The Eat Clean Diet. Originally a book written by Tosca Reno, there is a online whole community of people following this diet (which, by the way, is a bit misleading. It is really more of a lifestyle change). I love the simple, no nonsense principles and the fact that it isn't rocket science. It is information that we have all likely heard before, but don't exactly follow. For example EAT MORE VEGETABLES and less Ding Dongs. Food companies are in business to MAKE $$$, so keep that in mind when shopping. Marketing and branding are very powerful tools.
In general, I really like it. I also am no where near perfect at it. I try and eat more often and in SMALLER portions. I am trying to limit my added sugar intake to as little as possible (insert me sipping my Diet Coke, seriously). Really, it's all about making better choices as often as possible and trying to help myself out while maintaining a balanced life. If I want to perform at an optimal level (i.e. NOT die while trying to run 13.1 miles) then I need to typically have better fuel than wings and beer. And, let's be honest. I have 25 pounds of extra weight I am carrying around and eating a little healthier and losing those lbs would be beneficial for lots of reasons. In fact, I would be willing to bet that running will be a whole heck of a lot easier 25 pounds lighter......
Check out the website, particularly the online community called The Kitchen Table. Almost daily you can read incredible stories of people losing tons of weight and changing their lives for the better.
I am off to stretch and then sleep, (if Baby L allows) tomorrow I hit the pavement!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Myth: I exercise so I don't have to worry about what I eat. Fact: I exercise so I have to worry MORE about what I eat. Love You! Can't wait to see you SOOOOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait--did I hear no oreos and less ding dongs? Count me out! :)

    ReplyDelete