Tuesday, February 15, 2011

menu

Several people have been asking what exactly it is, that I am eating. So here is a recap of the last two days. Don't worry, I won't do this all the time, but at least you'll get an idea of where I'm starting.

Sunday:
Breakfast: fruit/health optimizer smoothie
1/2 frozen banana (peel and slice ripe banana in half, wrap in foil and throw in freezer for at least 24 hours)
3-4 whole frozen strawberries,
small handful frozen blueberries,
1 fresh kiwi (if I happen to have some),
2-3oz simply orange juice,
5-6oz cold water,
1 heaping scoop Vega Health Optimizer (created by Vegan Pro-Iron Man Triathlete Brendan Brazier, this provides protein, fiber, nutrients, enzymes, etc in a whole food blender drink),
2 heaping Tbsp ground flax seed.

(this is actually something I have been doing for breakfast for a while now. I love it. It is such an energizing and filling way to do breakfast, especially since nothing usually sounds "good" but I know I need to eat.)


Snack: (if hungry) usually a veggie. I particularly like a can of french cut green beans heated on the stove top

Lunch: LARGE salad
mixed baby greens,
baby spinach
green and red bell peppers
purple onion
cherry tomatoes
cucumbers
carrots
3/4-1C lentils
salsa

Snack: large apple and handful of raw almonds, 1 piece of valentine's day chocolate

Dinner:
brown rice (with soy sauce sometimes)
ton of steamed broccoli
half of apple (that Addison didn't eat)
(After the kids went to bed, I did drink the last glass of wine I had, you know, so as not to waste... )

MONDAY:
Breakfast- fruit/health optimizer smoothie
no snack, was busy at play group
Lunch- LARGE salad with lentils, PLUS 1 slice of homemade whole wheat bread, with homemade pizza sauce and chopped white onion, red and green bell pepper baked at 425 for 10ish minutes
Snack- apple and almonds, 1 piece of valentine's chocolate
Dinner- brown rice, broccoli, TON of steamed green beans

There you have it. I'm definitely not starving. I do get hungry, but not too bad and if I am hungry I eat a snack. I just make sure it is either a fruit or a veggie. Also, I drink water all day, when I feel thirsty.

1 comment: