Friday, November 5, 2010

thorn ball of death

Yeah, so my "easy street" week has officially turned into a giant bust. I was going to run yesterday (Thursday) but on Wednesday afternoon I stepped on (what Addison called) a Monster goat-head thus leaving, to this moment (Friday morning), a red swollen and painful place on the middle of the bottom of my left foot. Awesome.

For those of you fortunate enough to NOT know what a goat-head is, it is a thorn ball of death. All of the weeds here are noxious...much like everything else here, if you ask me...

Anyway, so these little buggers are roaming around everywhere trying to wedge themselves painfully into any live being. This is why NO ONE goes out side EVER without shoes...except for genius me.

A friend stopped by unexpectedly and her daughter is nervous around big dogs so I rushed them out the back. FAIL. I was wearing socks but that didn't stop my foot from finding a HUGE goat-head. I pulled it out, but apparently part of it broke off in my foot. I haven't stopped whining since. :)

I will say that it hurts less this morning than it did yesterday, but now I am on such a time crunch to get ready for GIRLS WEEKEND (yay!) that I don't think I will find time to run anyway. Ugh.

I'm not going to lie, this sets off mild panic in me. I do NOT want to lose sight of my goal! I have to keep running! And not only that, next week is my first BIG week. Seriously. Yes, I wanted to be well rested going into next week, but this is bordering on ridiculous.

*deep breath*

Okay, venting session is now concluding. Until Monday friends. Look for a post early next week detailing the first week's runs.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings! Were you able to complete all the options of your blog on your own or you turned to professionals to receive help?

    ReplyDelete