Monday, November 1, 2010

signed and sealed.

Now it's up to me to deliver!

I am officially registered for the PF Chang's Rock n Roll Half Marathon in Phoenix, January 16, 2011!!

I am nervous and excited all at once. Also, I totally over shot my estimated finish time! I put 1:50! Bahahahahaha!!! All the advice I have received is to put faster, not slower on your time and then let people pass me and not get stuck behind the walkers. So I did. And it felt good.

Also, I ran 6 miles yesterday for the first time! I finished in 1:09:40, but was pleased because I ran the first 3.1 miles with a dear (but extremely slow) friend. She peeled off after her 5k was over and then I finished strong (running solo) the last 3 miles all under 11 minutes/mile. My final mile split was the best of the day at 10:34 AND that was running up the killer hill back onto the compound.

Yesterday was definitely a confidence booster for me. I can't wait to kick it up ANOTHER notch when I get back from Girls Weekend in Flag next week! Sub 2:00 here I come!!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! I think I'll go run some sprints in my back yard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job!!! you are awesome and i hope we get to run it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed--you beat my first two 6 mile times I think I was still in my "enjoyable little pace" mode back then, which is now getting lost to our 'serious in-training" mode. It is a bummer we can't run every run together--but just having other people training for the same race is fun--even if it is just people who feel sorry for you when you are sore the next day--or people who sound excited for you when you tell your new fast time (and don't say things like "Isn't that a walking pace??--(ya--that would be my husband) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, Maribeth! I'm proud! ~Love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete