Tuesday, November 2, 2010

easy street

I haven't felt great this week.

No real symptoms to speak of, just fatigued and a little sore. I have decided to take it easy this week and to try and let my body heal and adapt to what I have been asking it to do.

This decision is also predicated on the fact that come Sunday we are 10 weeks from race day and the REAL training begins. Beginning next week I will be running a minimum of 4 days a week and more than 20 miles a week. Yes, it seems daunting, but I am looking forward to it. I won't spend much time on it today though, because I have a whole other post rolling around in my head leading into next week.

So today I am going to run an easy 3 or 4 miles when the Hubs returns from work and I will do 5 on Friday before heading out of town this weekend for a much needed break with some girlfriends. I will also likely run one other time somewhere in there this week.

The balancing act of life is tricky. Remember your priorities. One of my priorities is jumping in his jumper and the other one is singing her little heart out as she plays... It's nice to jog down easy street every once in a while.

Happy Running.

1 comment: