Thursday, September 30, 2010

one to remember

This evening two friends who live here on the compound and I set out to run 3 miles. And you know what happened?? I DID IT. I ran 3 miles without walking and without stopping. This may not seem like too big of a deal, but it was only 3 short months ago that I had my second c-section and then a few weeks after that, that I spent another week in the hospital fighting an internal infection. So, yes. For me. This is a big deal.
Now before you start thinking I should turn pro (HA!) please know that my two friends were approximately 40 feet ahead of me most of the time and I was running 12-13 minute miles. But tonight, that doesn't matter. Tonight, I accomplished a small goal in the journey towards my big goal of 13.1 miles in a little over 14 weeks. I wanted so badly to look at the data and see exactly what I ran tonight, but I ended up losing all the data when my computer screwed up, but I don't think I will be forgetting this run anytime soon. No, tonight was one I'm proud of. Tonight, was one of those nights that can start a running habit. :)

So, yeah. I'm pumped. And proud. And TIRED! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment