Wednesday, September 29, 2010

2 miles and a smile

Yesterday evening my friend, her dog and I ran two miles around the inside of compound. We went at a very slow pace, partly to accommodate the pup (who was hit by a car a few weeks back) and partly just to slow down. I have to admit, I was chomping at the bit and if it weren't for Amber and Cali I would have gone out a lot faster. But you know what? The pace was just right. It was comfortable to talk and I felt strong. I came back on a total high. I don't think you can get a runner's high from such a short distance, but man did I feel good after. I am nervous and excited about tomorrow (Thursday) when I have 3 miles on the schedule for the FIRST time.
Anyway, I also got to use the new toy I bought with all of my birthday money! It is a Garmin Forerunner 110 and it is simple and perfect for what I want and need. Below, find the link to the map and info about our run! How cool is that?!? Oh, and if you notice, the third "lap" that was .38 miles and 30 some minutes?? Yeah...I didn't turn the watch off correctly so it sat on the coffee table recording away! Ha!! But, the first two "laps" or miles are accurate!

Have a wonderful day friends!


Compound (inside loop) by mbousum at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on starting the journey. Hope every mile brings another smile!

    ReplyDelete